“I want to be here with this moving on,
moment to moment, sweeping.”
–Gunilla Norris, Being Home.
This is Message #9 from my free 30-day Email Series. Enjoy!
The simple act of sweeping is energizing. It can also be soothing and meditative. It’s way cheaper than therapy.
Get yourself a nice broom and keep it in a prominent, handy place. Here are some ways to make friends with it:
- Sweep with the intention of invoking a fresh start, creating openings in your life, clearing a path to a solution to a problem that has eluded you
- Sweep every day as a practice in mindfulness and letting go.
- Sweep your front steps to bring new energy, chi, or life force, through your entrance.
- Whack your sofas, chairs, pillows.
- Reach and clear cobwebs in the ceiling, window frames, curtains, light fixtures.
- Pretend you’re dancing with your beloved or playing the air guitar.
- Get your profligate family to get off their duffs to help you!
- And of course, don’t forget to…
Stop and feel