I enjoyed reading people’s posts so much, that I decided to create one too, which I’m reposting below (with a few additions and tweaks).
What life events would you put on your list? You may be pleasantly surprised by the rich and enriching experiences you’ve had in this lifetime. I know I was. Feel free to add your own highlights in the comment box!
Fifteen things you may not know about me (in no particular order):
- I was born in Mexico City on Day of the Dead – when it is believed that the veil between the physical world and the spirit world is the thinnest.
- John F. Kennedy, Jr. (yes, the son of President JFK) was a student of mine in my first year teaching at Phillips Academy. He failed my pop quiz and was moved to another class after one day. I still have the quiz somewhere in my attic.
- I was arrested for breaking into an Elementary School on a dare when I was a freshman in college. (Not one of my brightest moments). Lucky for me the judge cut me a massive break.
- Watched 1,000 mariachis play at the closing ceremony of the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico City. It was my first out of body experience.
- In 1987 my husband Jay and I walked through an active landslide from Nepal to Tibet and went through 18,000 ft. passes to get to the capital of Lhasa.
- Was touched by God in the cave where St. John is said to have written the Book of Revelation in Patmos, Greece.
- Dislocated my knee and broke my ankle hiking down from Machu Picchu. Spent the night alone in the infirmary at the top of the Peruvian Andes, where I had another mystical experience.
- Learned how to do distance healings at age 15.
- Spent five nights in the magnificent Presidential Suite as a guest of the US Ambassador and his wife in Rome; a telephone book with all the important Secret Service numbers stood by like a sentry on the bedside table. Took a peek but didn’t dare call any of them.
- It took me ten years to write (and live) Your Spacious Self.
- I was hired to space clear the ballroom of Boston’s Park Plaza hotel at 4 am in the morning.
- I walked on fire. It bent my mind.
- I met my sweetheart when I was almost 30. We married in a very small wedding on the coast of Maine in a circle with 12 friends and family.
- Had the most beautiful daughter after 3 years of infertility treatments – and she is the light of our lives!
- I’m not clutter-free. Yet. It continues to be one of my greatest teachers.